Friday, February 9, 2007

In My Head

There are a lot of things in my head lately: my own project is going full-swing pretty soon and that means a lot of pressure is going to me. Before, I could procrastinate on my work to crochet, now it's the reverse: I will procrastinate on my needleworks to finish my project and hopefully, to graduate at the end of this year.

But that doesn't mean I am going to hang my hooks and needles up for good. I just won't have that much time to do what I love to do anymore. Lately I spend more time to knit than usual and found out that I quite like it. After passing the awkward movement of the purl stitch, now it is actually my favorite stitch :D Weird, right?

I spent a big chunk of time yesterday to knit a vest for my teddy bear with some leftover yarn. It was an impromptu project since I didn't have a pattern or anything. At the beginning I wanted to test out my new pair of Boyle needles that I bought from Walmart, which was also an impromptu purchase :D Surprisingly, the Boyle needles are light and glide very smoothly. It has some friction so that the yarn doesn't slide off easily like the Susan Bates needles. I guess I just found out my new favorite brand for knitting needles.

So I'm a Susan Bates hooker and a Boyle needler...great! Not that I'm discriminating the two brands or anything but clearly the ways they construct their hooks are totally different. SB seems to be easier on my hand as it has a flat top.

Today during seminar time, I was bored about the topic so I sketched out something. It looks nice on paper but whether I can transform it into an actually garment is still questionable. But I would love to try though, there's a first for everything, right?

Can't wait for the Spring Purse/Bag swap to come. This year I have to detach myself from joining so many swaps. I like the idea of swapping since it's a lot of fun and I get to know another crocheter.

One of my friends will get married in June and I can't wait to make something for the couple. Maybe a his and hers scarf set? I'm thinking of making a small clutch or purse for myself to go to the wedding. A girl can have an extra bag for an extra special occasion, right? ;)