Sunday, December 31, 2006

To Whom It May Concern

Usually I don't get comments in this blog and I don't expect them anyways. This morning I logged in (after 2 weeks of non-posting) and saw 2 comments. They were not happy comments, the kind that makes me feel like I can do more but rather some upsetting ones. I could choose not to make a big deal out of it but because this is my blog and I CAN, therefore I do!

To Anonymous,

I chose to post your comments not because they are good or anything but because I CAN! Yes, because I CAN! This is my blog and I will do whatever makes me happy. Please go back to read what you wrote and see if those were nice words or not. And please read my reply also.

For the one issue you called "stealing", I did my own research on copyright law (I am a graduate student so I can do my own readings, thank you very much). I did not see any clause stated that my act of writing a pattern from a bag that I love was a violation of such law. If you can point out a statue that stated otherwise, please let me know. I will be very happy to educate myself more in that arena.

Also, I remembered a couple of years ago not so far away, Louis Vuitton put their signature bags in the market (those that Jessica Simpson and other celebs used to tote around.) Some couples of months later, Dooney and Burke's signature bags also came out and looked very similar to LV. Of course if you're into bags (as you asked me to buy my own) you would guess the D&B bag is 1/10 cheaper than the LV. But did D&B got sued? No! There were some discrepancies over the matter but nothing happened. Both companies survive!

This is the end of the year and I determine to make myself happy regardless of what you're saying. I wish you a happy new year, by the way. Go see "The Pursuit of Happyness" or something, it'll make you feel happier about yourself. Then go get yourself a crochet book and make stuff out of them. They're copyrighted but as I said, you can't distribute the pattern!

With lots of crochet love,
Me

P.S: I got some awesome stuff for Christmas. You think you know, but you have no idea!