Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Once a Month

That's how long between posts that I have!

When the year started, I promised myself that I would have at least one FO per month. I thought it was reasonable but most of my WIPs are heavy-lifting items such as sweaters and cardigans that require more time to finish. Plus I'm not that fast in knitting yet.

It's been more than 1 year since I started knitting and I got quite a lot of serious projects done. My favorite ones are knitted either in the round or top down because they require less finishing. Now I get a hold of increases and decreases in knitting which I was so dreaded from the beginning. And I'm quite fond of cables, they rock my world! Also, I kinda get the idea of shaping to fit my body type (inverted triangle) and learned how to block properly. Needless to say, my 2 latest FOs look more pro than those that I finished in my earlier time.

As some of you may already know, I'm in Ravelry. Although it's been about 4 months since I joined, I'm not getting used to all the features that are available there. I slowly opened a flickr account recently so that I can post pictures in Ravelry. Somehow I just don't like flickr ( I think it is evil, compared to photobucket!) But anyways, I have flickr now.

What else is new? Oh yeah, I also subscribed to Knit Simple which currently is the one and only knitting magazine that I read. Their patterns are simple and gorgeous! In each issue, they even throw in some crochet patterns to please the knitter-slash-crocheters like myself. To balance out my budget, I stopped buying Crochet Today! simply because they don't cater to my taste anymore.

One more thing before I leave: please, please, please for once in your life buy yarn from Knitpicks. Every month or so they send me this gorgeous catalog that has yarn information as well as tips and tricks. Those catalogs really give me good pointers toward the techniques that I don't know. Also, they have book reviews and most of their books are 34% off! The one thing I can complain about Knitpicks is the service is kind of slow but their shipping rate and yarn are very good. I think you can find the tips and tricks part on their website too (although I'm not sure!)

That's it for this month of February. Pictures will come later since I have slow-speed internet at home. Until next month, ciao!

P.S: 2 more things to mention (1) I joined the spring SP swap and it's going fine, and (2) I hope one day my income will increase exponentially so that I can afford all the yarn and magazines that I want!