Sunday, January 27, 2008

Project Overdued: Wendy's Waistcoat

I finished crocheting this project around Thanksgiving 2007 but did not push myself to really finish it off because I did not have 3 buttons. You see, the buttons I had in mind are wood but JoAnn's just refused to sell them for cheap. They have 2 or 3 buttons for a dollar something, such a rip-off. So I just hung the waistcoat there for dear life until one day I browsed my dear dollar store and got a bag of 20 buttons for a dollar. Ka-ching, ka-ching! Now I can finish off this waistcoat by adding the buttons.

This project is another gift from crochetville: the pattern came from Interweave crochet fall 2006 given to me by Brandybuck, the yarn was gifted by CDBear on my last Secret Pal, and the whole thing was crocheted by me, a crochet villager.

I love the yarn very much, it's such a nice and plushy mohair yarn. And it's warm too! The pattern is not that tricky to work with and seriously, it didn't take lots of time to crochet either. I modified here and there as I did not use the same yarn as they suggested but it came out fine, made my boobs look even bigger than what they really are.


Pattern: Wendy's Waistcoat
Interweave Crochet Fall 2006 issue
Yarn: Ormaghi Wonderful
Hook: Susan Bates 5.00 mm

Close-up to see the yarn texture and pattern

Overall I enjoyed crocheting this waistcoat. It's a cute little garment that will sure be a staple garment during cold weather.