Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Stuck in the Rut

Ah, a month has passed me by and it seems like I didn't accomplish much. Here are my progress report, pictures later since I still haven't got a new camera:

1. Short and Sweet bolero:
I've been crocheted for ages but didn't get around to make one SnS for myself until the spring secret pal swap. I decided to make one for my unknown pal using RH Soft yarn and it looked super-fabulous. After that I made one for myself using the same old, same old Caron Simply Soft. The result is stunning and I did make some modifications so it's no longer short but still really sweet.

2. Wisp scarf:
It took forever to make this scarf because I don't like to knit lace! The yarn I used is Pattons Lacette which is a dreamy lace yarn. I used about 1.5 skeins of black yarn and made a whole bunch of mistakes. Originally intended for a friend but I ended up keeping it just because of the errors.

3. The spring swap:
It ended a while ago but it was very good, probably on my top-5 list :) I got a very nice unknown pal and she was so generous. Again, my known pal was not so chatty but she said she liked my reveal package.

I haven't touched a hook or a pair of needles for weeks. Summer is coming and I really really want to make some nice tops, maybe even design one :)

My big "THANK YOU" to all of you who gave me such nice comments. You really make my day! I am happy that you found the purse pattern useful. Take care and keep on making nice things!